Wednesday, February 13, 2008

4 Mile Prayer?

I love to run! Call me crazy, but there is just something in running that excites yet challenges me at the same time. The incredible pain that comes from being out of shape, yet the joy that follows when you finish and get to just lay on the floor. I also believe that there is a deeper level to running than just running. So the other day I was going for a four mile run, and as I started to run I was reminded of the scripture in Hebrews (Hebrews 12:1) "Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." I felt really challenged to try something a little different on this run. So I began to do just that; confess and repent of the things that were hindering me and entangling me from fully seeking after Christ daily. I also wanted my mind and heart to be totally clear of the distractions that were surrounding me. So I looked past me being out of shape, the dogs that chased me, the wind that was plastering me, and my legs which were dying on me and strived to just focus in on Christ. Life is a like a 4 mile run. Hard, enduring, challenging, full of pains and aches, full of "barking dogs", and "plastering winds." All going against you saying you can't do it. But when you put all those things aside and fully focus and seek after the heart of Christ you will finish the race that God has planned for you.

No comments: