Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What I'm Reading


So I have decided to re-read a book from my sophomore year impact trip to the Dominican Republic. The book is entitled The Beginner's Guide to Intercession. It has been very encouraging and challenging and it is just a great read. Check out just a little piece of what I'm talking about.....


Ken Gaub was walking down the street when he heard a pay phone ringing. Curious, he stopped to answer it. To his astonishment, the operator stated, “Long distance call for Ken Gaub. Is he there?” After debating the impossibility of this situation, he finally took the call.
The caller, about to commit suicide, had prayed for help and thought of Ken’s ministry. Not knowing how to contact him, she continued to write her suicide note. When numbers came to her mind, she wrote them down. Wondering if God was miraculously giving her Ken’s phone number, she dialed them.
Amazed at reaching him, she asked, “Are you in your office in California?”
“My office is in Washington,” replied Ken.
“Oh, well, where are you then?” she queried.
“Don’t you know? You called me,” he responded.
“I don’t know what area I’m calling. I just dialed the number on this paper.”
“Ma’am, I’m in a phone booth in Dayton, Ohio!”
Recognizing this encounter could have been arranged only by God, Ken began to counsel her. The Holy Spirit’s presence flooded the phone booth, giving him wisdom beyond his ability, and she soon prayed the sinner’s prayer, committing to live for the Lord.

True Story

Yeah I know, WOW!!!

No comments: