Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fire On The Altar

Well It's been a busy week with lots of school, homework, and soccer and little sleep. It's been so awesome though I can't complain. Well this week was the first official week for "Fire on the Altar." Do you know what that means? Of course not! But don't worry I'll be glad to tell you. Every Tuesday evening on my dorm room floor Culby 16, from 10:30 to midnight we have what is called "Fire on the Altar." My RA (Residence Assistant) led the first night of it and it was incredible. It's a night devoted to confession and repentance....... Yea I know. I was so pumped cause coming here you already think that everyone is so super spiritual, but it was one of the most significant moments of my walk with Christ. This whole event kind of circulates of the passage of scripture in Daniel 9. I'm not going to post it cause I really want you to dive in and read this passage for yourself. It's awesome and it really challenged me. It was so powerful to walk into a room of college guys weeping, and crying out to God. We prayed for brokenness and that is what happened. Guys were just confessing out loud to God and repenting right there on the spot and so many chains were broken and burdens lifted as we watched Christ do an incredible work. It's going to be a night that I never forget, and the best part about it is it's every week! On September 23 I have the chance to speak at "Fire on the Altar" so if you could be praying that would be awesome. Pray that these nights are are driven and directed by the Spirit of God and only get accomplished what God wants. Thanks Again!

No comments: