Friday, September 5, 2008

Zach Smith

Along with the crazy business that I have been going through these past couple of weeks I decided to join the soccer team. Moody isn't like most colleges in that they don't recruit players. So when you try out you pretty much sign away your life! Ha ha just kidding but seriously for not being a school that really excels in athletics they sure practice like they do! Anyway I was really skeptical about playing cause I really just wanted to settle down and really focus on my studies. But when I observed a team practice that was going on I knew I wouldn't be able to watch them play all season. So I decided to give it a shot and wow it's been crazy. The transition from high school soccer and college soccer is huge! When I stepped onto the soccer field for a pre season inner squad scrimmage I didn't know exactly what I was getting myself into. After the first two days of practicing I really regretted going out for the team. I was out of shape and knew no one which was even worse. But after one of our workouts a guy came up and started talking to me. This just wasn't a regular dude. His name is Zach Smith, he is a senior and has played all four years on the soccer team. When he started talking to me his "bigger vision" just blew me away. We ended up going for a walk that night in the city and he told me something that was just awesome, he said, "Yea man soccer is great, but my attitude on the field is only inspired by my walk with Christ. I just don't get pumped up for a game with anything other than being close to God." Zach was the guy that helped me with my schedule and answered any annoying question that I had. But today at our game something really aweful happened. A kid from the opposing team took a shot but kicked Zachs' leg along with taking the shot and broke Zacks' right leg. This is an incredibly strong and solid young man in his faith, keep him in your prayers.

No comments: