Friday, September 5, 2008

Week One: Humility

When I first walked onto the Moody Bible Institute campus I think I made a false accusation. I thought I would just walk right on campus and everything would just flow.


........ I was humbled. After going to some of my orientation classes I realized that I was with some of the most intellectual theologians around. At times I feel I don't even belong by being around such Bible geniuses. I just felt overwhelmed with the professors using such huge words, and me feeling like the only one who didn't understand. I am going to be completely blunt. Coming into Moody I was carrying a large load of pride on my back. I thought that I would easily be able to fit in and make friends and do just fine being here. After just the first day I realized that I was wrong. I will be thrilled if I graduate from here! ha But on a serious note God has an incredible plan for me here. Maybe for the first couple of weeks it was for me to realize that I'm not all that I thought I was. I have been so humbled by being here and it's challenging but it is what I need to go through in order to fully be seeking Christ. So what am I getting at? Well my initial attitude was to see how I could make a difference on the campus. Maybe my difference is saying I don't have it all. Leaving my pride at the door, and picking up the cross that the Lord lays before my daily. It's been tough, but God's grace and mercy have been what has been pushing me to strive. 

No comments: