Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I know it's Tuesday, But What a Monday!

I know today is currently Tuesday but I wanted to blog about my Monday. I got a little behind this past weekend on the blogging due to a busy weekend. Usually Mondays for me are really slow, tiring, and lazy days but this Monday was unlike the rest. Every other Monday morning Mike Griggs, Robby Bearss and myself all meet with Pastor Terry Bley at Raymond's in Wakarusa. We talk about where we're at spiritually, what we're going through, and our focus in our devotions at the current time. This week Robby was sick and Griggs, well who knows (ha), so it was just Terry and I. As we talked, I was simply amazed at what was coming out of his mouth. It's like he knew exactly what I needed to hear and poured it all out to me. As I told Terry about what I was going through he simply stopped me and said this. "Dustin I don't want to not have comfort, in fact I love it, but I want to constantly buck against it." I was really encouraged with what Terry had said. As we went further into our conversation we were speaking about legacies and how we want to be remembered and Terry had this to say. "I don't want my kids to remember me as a good guy that loved Jesus and walked with Him, No, I want them to remember that I chose to live His way and desperately sought after Him daily. I don't want to walk by faith, I want to skydive by it!" I was blown away!!

No comments: