Monday, January 21, 2008

"Please Bow Your Eyes and Close Your Head"

"Please bow your eyes and close your head," were the words spoken at a youth group get together last night at Josh Sabo's house. Of course everyone started to break out in laughter and the kid that said the quote began to lose it as well. Last night my friend Mike Griggs and I had had an awesome opportunity to speak at Josh Sabo's youth group (Josh is a former NMCer and has mentored Mike and I since our freshman year in high school). So as we got there and fellowshiped with the new faces of Josh's group we met a lot of new and interesting people. So when Josh asked one of his youth to pray for us before we spoke he mistakenly said "Please bow your eyes and close your head." After everyone finished laughing Mike and I finally spoke what was on our hearts. As our message came to an end, we asked them for any feedback or questions they had and at that moment I was reminded why I want to get into Youth Ministry in the first place. It was so awesome to listen to their hearts be poured out and listened as they thanked and encouraged us. God really used the passion and encouragement of this youth group to challenge me and push me past just everyday living. The Lord really refreshed His Spirit in my heart and it was an incredible evening.

No comments: